Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Dance Log 2
(would be three but I skipped town last week--more to come on that. )

I was so excited to go back to dance class and see what more there was to learn! And I looked pretty cute. Anywho, the best/funniest/truest thing I learned tonight was this:
Cheri "This is not your grandmother's ballroom dance... where she went to the dance and waited for a man to ask her to dance and she got twirled around and then dropped off and waits for the next guy to ask her to dance. No. This is the modern woman's take on ballroom dance, Equal Partners!"
I really thought it was funny and so applicable, and kind of cool to see that just as the world has changed and roles have morphed a little, ballroom dance takes part in that, and we both must do out parts to make the whole work. I think that is one thing I love about partner dancing is that it takes the two of you trying and putting forth this effort for it to work out the right way. Active participants I suppose.

Anywho, I don't have much else cool insight on the matter, but I love dancing. :)

No comments: