Friday, October 10, 2008

I have recently been a blog-hoppin... I know I am lame. Anyway, I found a few blogs that I LOVE and have to share with you. Works for me Wednesday,
http://rocksinmydryer.typepad.com/shannon/it_works_for_me/index.html is a blog where every wednesday she posts a simple story of something new and easy to do... one example is this weeks post of pulling teeth, put some tooth numbing gel on the gums and pull! You have to read it for yourself. Anyway, then she allows for people to put a link to their easy and simple ideas... which is how I found this chocolate cake recipe!

Dangerous Chocolate Cake-in-a-mug!!
1 coffee mug
4 Tbsp. cake flour (plain, not self-rising)
4 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. cocoa
1 egg
3 Tbsp. milk
3 Tbsp. oil
Small splash of vanilla
3 Tbsp. chocolate chips, optional

Add dry ingredients to mug, mix well with a fork. Add egg, mix thoroughly. Pour in milk and oil and vanilla, mix well. Add chips, if using.

Put mug in microwave, and cook for three minutes on 1000 watts. Cake will rise over top of mug–do not be alarmed! Allow to cool a little; tip onto a plate if desired. Eat! (she claims it is dangerous because you are only five minutes away from chocolate cake!)

Oh boy did I enjoy that yesterday!! I thought it was a little dry, so after I ate some I added a little bit of milk to it, after having used my fork to break it up into smaller chunks. Then I also added a little bit of powdered sugar... Yum!!

Another blog I found out about from WFMW is $5 dinners... which I have not made any yet, but I am keeping it in my favorites so I can write down the recipes. http://www.5dollardinners.com/

And last, but not least... is Cake Wrecks. It cracks me up!! http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/

Hope you all enjoy these links like I do!


1 comment:

Summer said...

Isn't WFMW the best?

Thanks for the birthday wish! And happy Thanksgiving!