Saturday, March 28, 2009

I graduate in under two weeks. By this time in two weeks I will still be on a plane to Russia.

RUSSIA!

Anywho, my mom has supported me through all of my schooling, and especially college. She has also been very generous to get me a graduation present, as well as a going to Russia present, Easter present, and I am certain it also counts for my birthday present.

Meet Nicholas...




Nicholas, (well I haven't decided if thats his name... my first thought was an attractive literary man... and I thought of Nicholas Sparks. Anyone willing to deny that? That's what I thought.) Anyway, Nicholas is amazing. He is an electronic book called the Kindle 2! I can download books onto it, their cheaper and conserve space, and its connected to the internet, it has electronic ink technology so it shouldn't hurt my eyes like reading on the computer can. It can read to me... its awesome!
My only complaints thus far, after playing with it for half an hour, is that its weird to type on... but I am sure I'll get use to it. I wish it were a touch screen... but my biggest problem is that it's too easy to accidentally buy a book! But, they put the money back on your card when you say nope, It was an accident. so, cool! I am off now to buy more books and read!!!

Please leave a suggestion of books for me to look into! So far I got Pride and Prejudice, which I have never read nor watched... for FREE! woo!

4 comments:

StephanieJanice said...

Pride and Prejudice is good. If you like it I would suggest some of Jane Austen's other works. My favorites are Persuasion and Northanger Abbey.

Ellen Davenport said...

Ah, I think Nicholas is fitting. I'll think of some books.

Summer said...

P&P is so good! You must see the A&E version.

Wow, I can't believe you are headed to Russia. What a neat experience you'll have!

J.R. said...

All of these men in your life....you are such a player!