Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Not Exactly A Bucket List...

Going on Holiday go the United Kingdom was amazing. Some words I have decided to bring back are, holiday for vacation, lift for elevator, and allan out for exit. Haha..
I also had decided to try to live my life a little bit differently, and in that has sparked a semi bucket list kind of list.

Before my holiday I would go to work from 6 am til 1 or so, come home and nap.

In Europe I walked about 5 miles a day and did 3000 stairs. I went to museums and learned about history, I appreciated art and nature and enjoyed my food.

So, instead of coming home from work to a nap, I want to go to a museum or go to an art gallery. I want to discover what my city has to offer.

In other things that more similarly go to a bucket list kind of thing... I really want to go in a Hot Air Balloon.

I also must check out the Salsa scene here... I promised a Brit that I would! (He was the kindest, cutest, bestest salsa dancer who smelled AMAZING. Curse his French girlfriend... at least he did kiss my cheeks good bye! seriously though, he smelled great and was such a fantastic dancer and lead...his lead was a very fluid and soft lead, not at all harsh and difficult to follow, and I really liked him. I really do want him and me to be pen pals of sorts and remain friends and share dance stories and whatever.)

The way of life over there seemed less hectic and more calm and happy. Maybe that was just because I didn't have any responsibilities and wasn't going to work... who knows. But they all seemed to be living better than we do and living more simply and appreciating things more.

No comments: