Friday, January 27, 2012

Healthy habit... or addiction?

So since I have moved to Utah, I got a library card. And I have been very impressed with the Salt Lake County Library system. They also have awesome sales...
Some of these books I had when I moved down here, like my travel copy of the Book of Mormon.

Extras (still only three chapters in... its the last book in a series so I need to finish it.

Anne of Green Gables. My mom is lending them to be, I think it would be a great series to read sometime.

The Birth Order Book. Still barely half way through it... I would really prefer a book just on middle children I suppose. Haha!

My mom bought me the Vanished series by Meg Cabot when Borders was going out of business.

Books that I got as Christmas presents:

The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe, by C.S. Lewis from my dear friend Matty, who goes by the name of George.

Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister but George Maguire. I actually bought this for my sister but her sister in law also bought it for her, so I got to keep a copy!

The Last Letter from Your Lover by Jojo Moyes, from my mom. I saw a girl reading this in England on the train and made a note of it in my phone and it sounds super good!

Now... the rest are all books I have bought a few different Salt Lake County Library locations...

I have already read Odd Girl Out by Rachel Simmons. It is a psychology book and true story about aggression in girls. I thought this would be a great book to have in my library as a High School Counselor.

Two books in one: Somewhere Between Life and Death and Time to Let Go by Lauren McDaniel. These books are about cancer in girls and I remember reading these in third grade and this started my middle child syndrome need for attention and hidden desire to have cancer. TERRIBLE I know! But I thought I should buy it and relive those third grade moments and see how bad the books really are. haha...

Sweet Misfortune by Kevin Alan Milne. I have had some good fortunes from cookies in the past four months and the book is set near my home town near Seattle... and it looked funny!

House of Dance by Beth Kephart. Because I love dancing...

Russian Winter by Daphne Kalotay because I love Russia! And it is about a ballerina who is selling all of her jewelry...

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson. It seemed like a book similar to Odd Girl Out, about a girl in high school whose best friend suddenly hates her (I can relate)

College Girl by Patricia Weitz. I got confused and thought it was written by the same person who wrote Juno, but really they reviewed it... ah well. I needed to use my debit card but was under the limit and it looked alright so I went for it.

Waltzing To A Different Strummer by Tom Plummer. Same story, needed to get up to $3.00 to use my debit card... and it talked about dance so... haha it seems like it might be an alright pop psychology type book.

If I Stay by Gayle Forman. About a girl who is between life and death, the back says it is "Simultaneously tragic and hopeful" which is right up my alley. haha

The I got three books by Jodi Picoult, Second Glance, Salem Falls, and The Pact. The first two I just grabbed cause I mostly like Jodi's work and would probably enjoy those novels as well... and the Pact I have been debating whether or not to buy on my Kindle for a long time cause it looks really good and now I have it!

So for all of those books (12) they cost me a grand total of $5.50!

Absurd. But... I have text books I am suppose to read instead of all of these... what is up with that?!

1 comment:

Ellen Davenport said...

Okay, so my laptop is in the shop getting a warranty repair, and my husband is about to go away for a week long business trip. So I'm thinking I will be shopping my local library for a few of these titles.

Also, I think that I've read some of the vanished series. Is it the one where the girl gets hit by lightning and then knows where missing kids are.
love Meg Cabot- actually reading one of the Mediator series ones that I read when I was 15 or something.

and $5.50! are you kidding me, you rock! I love it.