Thursday, August 12, 2010

People wearing Mear-cat backpacks... Part 2.

How did he convince me to visit? Well his birthday had been the Monday before, and we were texting non-stop, serious we would pass out because we were texting so late at night. So we decide we will go hiking and do fun things and it was better than sitting, bored, alone at our houses.

So I meet his mom, sister and bro, oh man I love them. So funny, full of energy and just sweet people.

We went hiking and talked a lot, we went and played mini-golf and we made a bet that loser had to do what the winner wanted... so I ended up kissing him.
Then we went swimming and went back to his house and we made dinner and while we were cooking we started kissing again, this time for reals. I have always been an advocate for cooking with my future spouse because I think it can be romantic, and like the book, Like Water For Chocolate, I think emotions can be put into the food... that like that one movie with Sarah Michelle Gellar -- Simply Irresistible, that you can taste that the food has been made with happiness and joy and excitement. So we cooked. and the kitchen heated up.

Then his family came home and we ate dinner and played games and watched movies together and the next day I went home. And we continued to talk nonstop.

The next week was week 5 of EFY and the flirting was still there, but there had been a date I went on Friday night with whom we call Flower boy, for reasons that will be explained later...
And it was a blast! He taught me how to ride a bike, we ate Thai, and then we went to a concert! It was fun, but by the end I was so tired!

Backpack had a small complex about how much fun I had with him vs Flowerboy and asked me if I liked Flowerboy better because in a facebook picture my smile looked bigger than when he and I had gone hiking.

--I should mention that since the merecat had broken up with his girlfriend he had decided to date a lot of girls, try to 31 flavor challenge and he suggested I do the same, that it would either bring us together or we would find someone else. But as soon as I got asked on a date he got jealous, and when I left his house to go home to go on the date he was jealous.. haha
(now that I am typing all of this I feel so silly and that this is lame... arg.)

yada yada, that week passed and was slightly uneventful... we hung out on the weekend a little bit and then he got super sick and was sent home and I got sick and everyone thought he had gotten me sick but I don't really think so....

Anyway, he has been on dates with other girls but he still talks to me a lot, and we are legit best friends. He invited me to come back to visit him in two weeks for the fair, and he just invited me to go camping with him and his family next week. So... he keeps inviting me to family functions, like you would a girlfriend, and he talks /flirts with me like we are dating... but he also says things like, our friendship is my greatest concern and makes it clear that he considers me a friend but wants benefits of dating but wants to be dating others

and I get that... I mean he needs time to chill since he just broke up with whatsherface... and he will be going back to rexburg and I will be staying here so distance... but man... we are awesome together.

So I just need to get back to watching he's just not that into you
cause otherwise I talk myself into thinking we are dating and we are not.
We are best friends, and I am the rule.
If I were the exception he wouldn't be able to wait to date all these other girls, he would just want to date me.

So, am I cursed to be the best friend?

(I didn't mean for this post to end up on a sad self-pity-ing note...)

1 comment:

Ellen Davenport said...

First, you what! kissed him! What What! Nice.

Second, you've seen simply irresistible? I loved that! Have we already had this conversation, maybe?

Ugh, mixed signals, WHHHHYYY? That always happens to you! Grrr. I totally agree with the family event sends the girlfriend signal.Silly boys, I want to slap them around and make them men.