Monday, June 13, 2011

Edinburgh


I wanted to talk about my trip to the United Kingdom!
We flew in to Iceland, then over to Manchester. We then were picked up and driven an hour west to Chester. We all spent that day together and then Katie and I took a very early train from Chester to Manchester then to Edinburgh! I was still jet lagged, so I slept on the train. While we waited for that first train at five in the morning... we met this crazy kid! He was wearing a plaid shirt, and his name was James Cameron. and he sang to us. He actually had quite a nice voice! But was also super drunk.

On the train ride we saw a ton of sheep and green rolling countryside... It was pretty. When we finally pulled into Edinburgh... oh it was gorgeous! The train puts you right into the city and our hotel was RIGHT there! It was perfect. We put our bags in the coat check and set off to explore the city. We looked to the left and saw the Castle!! We walked through this crazy big cemetery and up to the castle. Then down along the Royal Mile passing a ton of buildings I wish I had studied about and known what they were. And that statue. We went back to our room to take a nap and then walked back to the castle at night!

No comments: