Thursday, June 09, 2011

Can't You Just Adore Her?

She likes her chocolate in the morning, she drinks her caffiene late at night...

I am awkward. I knew this in the past, but let me tell you... it is definately triggered by boys.

I can't decide if it is an awkwardness brought on by me trying to get a boy to like me or strictly because I like a boy and am unsure how to navigate this situation because I don't date often.

But the other day this boy called me out on it as I was leaving his house, I wasn't sure how long we wanted to be talking outside and so I said, Welp...See ya later (as in Big Gulps style) and as I was turning to walk away he said, Don't be awkward. And I said, it's what I do best...

then we proceeded to quote Arrested Development and Scott Pilgrim VS the World via texts for the next two days, danced a few times on Tuesday where he invited me to watch a hockey game with him the next day, yesterday, which I did. And it was normal and fine mostly... until I had to leave again (which I never know how long to stay... bah) anywho... another awkward exit and it is so frusterating!

Why can't I just be me?
Is it because I don't understand why he isn't in love with me yet? Do I want him to like me so I have the upperhand and can deny him?
Am I just this into him that I don't know what to do??

I don't know! But I do know that my mind is betraying me and I can't stop thinking about him and thats kind of infuriating.

2 comments:

Summer said...

He sounds like a nice, funny, quirky guy.

I would say that if you're having trouble with your exits, don't be the one to leave next time. Let him decide when you're done talking, etc.

I would also say that since he invited you back out and texted you over the next two days after that, he definitely likes you. Maybe it's not crazy like, yet, but he sees something there that he wants to get to know better.

Meagan said...

Okay, so I really want to know what happened...is this the same guy? By the way, sometimes you just have to be quiet (it's hard for me because I feel if people aren't talking, then it's awkward), and, seriously, just look at each other...maybe until he starts talking. Make him feel a little awkward (which by the way is very "awkward" to spell). It shouldn't be up to you to avoid awkward silences...and if they happen so much, maybe he wants a quiet moment with you. I agree with Summer. Let him be the one to leave. Even if you are DYING inside, just ride it out until he speaks, or leaves. BE COOL! Try to learn why it's happening. AND LET ME KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!!