Friday, October 21, 2011

Fall(ing)

Well I love to take pictures of nature as we all know, and I have been slacking lately. Because since I moved to Utah to start Grad School I have gotten a job! I work in an elementary school as a teacher's assistant which means I help in Math, Language Arts, and writing and reading workshops in the 5th and 6th grade classes.  We are reading, The Power of Un, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, and Sixth Grade Secrets. It is usually a pretty fun thing to do... but sometimes the kids are so difficult to work with because they hate math and for some reason have given up already.  What is is with the younger kids that figured out they can NOT do things? I never knew that was an option, but my brother sure did. I just don't understand... what has contributed to this? Is there something to be blamed?

Ah well, that's a different topic for a different day. It is Fall around here and boy is it pretty! I have been making sure to take my camera with me since I don't have much time to go scouting for pictures. (Which I NEED and really want to do. Makes me miss my photo friend in Washington who would go out on day long photo adventures, and my friend in Oregon who walked around Portland with me before a concert and we share all of our pictures and editing techniques, I need to send him more stuff! haha) Anyway, As I drive to work I have been passing this old corn field or something that has a TON of geese in it that are migrating or something, and if the speed limit weren't 60 and there weren't a million cars on the highway, I would take a picture. But instead think of Fly Away Home and you'll see what I see. Well, some things I have captured thus far.... 

I loved this purple with the yellow in the background

I loved the gradation, how all of the leaves where right here and further out they were less and then it is just green grass holding on for as long as it can before fall takes over...

Sunflowers with the Sun behind it...
Birds flying over a field

Shadow from the tree it fell from... just in a parking lot. I love it.
View from a hike up Ensign Peak, so beautiful!
I just liked all the leaves and was working on a macro shot, but I LOVE this.       

No comments: