Sunday, June 01, 2014

Magic Kingdom Day 1 Part 2

After the People Movers we thought we might as well go on the Rockets for a nostalgic moment for Harrison. I had never been on the ride and boy were we in for a treat...

The guy at the bottom of the elevator told us we would share a rocket, we thought how romantic! As soon as we took the elevator and saw the rockets... fear set in. As we tried to get situated, it became clear that two adults should NOT share a rocket. We tried to ask the ride attendant if we could split up because the seat belt would not fit around us, he ignored us and clipped us in and off we went. It was a great view of the part, but it was not enjoyable or comfortable!

We decided after that to go on some rides that were more suited for two adults... so naturally we went to the Swiss Family Robinson's Treehouse!






After that we saw the Magic Carpets of Aladdin, and I saw the Camel Spit!
Since we were next to it, we went to one of Harrison's all time favorite rides, Pirates of the Caribbean!
We ventured out of Adventureland to Liberty Square to The Haunted Mansion. They had some fun interactive instruments during the Que.

This "corpse" bubbled every so often!
The ride was pretty good, but fairly different from the Disneyland ride. My favorite part was at the end when they show you a mirror and warn you that you may have a hitchhiking ghost with you, the ghost took our heads and swapped them! Very clever.

We went back to Adventureland for one of the best burritos Harrison and I have ever had from the Tortuga Tavern. By this time it was time for our second fast pass, to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad! It was starting to drizzle a little bit, but I was welcoming the moisture. I did not mind the humidity, it was nice to always have such well hydrated skin!It was a perfect ride! Harrison and I had not been on this one since our honeymoon because last year at Disneyland it was under renovation. We were in the very front, which meant that we were the first in to see that the little drizzle I had talked about had turned into a crazy downpour!
Harrison was not impressed with how drenched we got from Thunder Mountain. "It's just a little train ride!"
Since we were already wet, it was Splash Mountain time. (we did not get wet at all from Splash Mountain!!)

It was after this ride that we decided, lets go back to Enchanted Tales and then go take a nap because we were exhausted!As we walked through Liberty Square, I looked up and what did I see, but Rapunzel's tower! I loved it.

 We got to see Belle, isn't she lovely!
 I got to take my photo with her, and she asked how old I was turning and told me that 28 is a lot of pastries for me to eat! I told her I would give it my best effort.
 So, to give me some energy to walk to the bus, we grabbed this fun little drink from Pinocchio's Village Haus. I had seen it on an instagram that my friend who is friends with Belle knows. It was a tasty blue raspberry drink, but it does not even come close to rivaling a drink we would try later...




No comments: