Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Well after some studying (not always everyday and never for the same amount of time...oops) I took the Gre!
I got a 450 on Verbal and 490 on Quantitative! I must wait for my essay scores.

My scores are a little below average... but hey. I finally took the freaking test for $160.
Application to Western is due by Feb 1st... so I am waiting on my last two letters of recommendation to trickle in... and I need to finish writing my personal essay. I have a very rough draft done...

Please write a brief essay answering the following questions and requests for information:

1. What stimulated your interest in school counseling as a career?
2. What do you consider to be the current role of the school counselor?
3. What personal qualities do you possess that you believe would contribute to your effectiveness as a counselor?
4. What causes you to be interested in the program at WWU?

I first decided I wanted to go into psychology for school counseling it was after I had taken a class on human relationships and looking into options for a bachelors degree.

What made you decide (sparked)

I have always preferred working with youth to any other age group because …..

I find myself attracted to school counseling because of the opportunity to work one on one with youth daily and to help them realize and achieve new goals and find success in their lives daily, which I believe to be the current role of the school counselor. The things day to day a counselor will do.

I thought that in the future if I ever wanted to have a family, this would be a good career that I could be able to raise a family and work and have those two relate to one another.

I am a patient and understanding person, optimistic, inventive, with a love of learning and a strong moral compass. These are some of the qualities are required for the youth of this day and will help me to aid them in their strivings for success.

Looking through the required classes for the masters program at WWU I think that it matches well with my goals of what I need to learn to become an effective counselor and will challenge me so that I can grow.

Current experiences with youth. Camp, internships. Why you enjoyed these opportunities.. How you helped. What you got out of it.



But now my thoughts can be turned towards...
80's dance night Thursday night!
Hockey Friday Night!
Photoshooting Saturday Morning?
Laser Tag and YSA dance Saturday night!
Getting my hair did. (Not too sure how I want it done, but in Europe I WILL dye it pink.)
Which brings me to... EUROPE TRIP!!!! W0000000000! (Feb 27-March 14!!!)
I hope to take pictures (of me) like this in Europe! http://www.jordanmatter.com/photography/dance-photography/dancers-among-us/gallery.php#Anne_Laure_2.jpg

And all of those mean, PICTURES!

3 comments:

Jules AF said...

EIGHTIES DANCING WILL BE SO AMAZING!

Jules AF said...

And Europe, blah blah blah.

Unknown said...

it's gonna be awesome!