Friday, November 05, 2010

Lately I've been wanting to do a cool music challenge, like listen to a CD a week... since the era of iPods, I think we collect music a lot more liberally, and sometimes that means we don't appreciate our vast collections or even give some of the old stuff a chance. I am trying to figure out the best way to do this kind of a challenge... I have way more than a years worth of weekly music, so it should be more of like a CD a day... but do I have time to listen to music for the required 45 or so minutes? Sounds silly... but I've been swamped with working two jobs and pretending to study for the GRE. I was suppose to just sign up and take it two weeks ago... but studying and taking practice tests scared me away from that... and why? Because I don't have the time to devote to it.

Lately I have been considering going to CityU, the grad school that accepted me as soon as I paid my application fee... the benefits are: Live at home, commute only 20 minutes or so. Keep working at one of my jobs... with the possibility of getting a job through the dance team I volunteer at teaching 5th graders dance. (with the right training I would LOVE that) another pull to stay here and go to CityU... is dating.

now, dating needs to be another post. And I really need to do a lot to improve that aspect of my life and narrow it down and find ways to be straight forward so that I know what is going on there...

My parents are thinking of buying a new house, and renting out our current one. They suggested I could live in our current house and have roommates, which could be quite awesome! Part of my wants to move out and establish myself and be able to do what I want with life without my parents being RIGHT there... (cause dating after high school but still living at home... not the most exciting. Any guy that is over my mom will make a comment like, oh he's cute and I am like, MOM. We are friends NOT engaged. She is always planning the wedding and it is irritating. haha) but if they were to move out, I still wouldn't have to pay rent which is a big pull of living at home, the free aspect, but they would be gone and not micromanaging my life. Not that they are... but it's weird.

I still feel a little like I am waiting for life to happen, even though I KNOW that it IS happening and I have to go and do stuff to enjoy it to the fullest, to really experience it.

Sometimes I really wish I went to a psychologist so they could listen to my ramblings and maybe encourage a decision cause I am way too indecisive. Or am I? (get it? hahaha... )

Anyway, back to the music... hahahaha. The other day I put my iPod on random and I had THE BEST playlist! I was digging every song, not wanting to skip anything! I then tried to go back so I could add all the songs to a playlist and enjoy them in that order again later but I messed it up a lilbit.

It was something like this:
Anberlin
Vertical Horizon
Juliana Theory
Garbage
Bush
Avril Lavigne

Haha. It was just a really good mix and felt like a great fall soundtrack.

No comments: