Friday, January 01, 2010


New Year's Resolutions
12 AM Jan 1st 2010
No more Chocolate
12:04 AM Jan 1st 2010
Ate whole candy bar and three truffles. Need new new years resolution.

Partially a joke, I would NEVER eat just three truffles! Ha... another joke. I would honestly never be able to give chocolate up, especially for a year. I bet I could try to do it maybe for a month. But... meh. No need to right now.

So, I don't usually make new years resolutions. In 07 I decided to make a new goal/resolution every month. I made it three months I think... January was no Hydrogenated Oils, February was no high fructose corn syrup, and March was no pizza...that was the one that ended the whole deal. haha

One thing I have been thinking of is trying to read a book a month and posting about it on my blog. (I have felt guilty about not posting anything... but also I was a little angry/upset/disappointed that there weren't very many comments about my nature pictures. I was hoping people would be blown away and that no one would stop commenting on them and that you all would be in awe of me! But then I remembered how little I actually comment on peoples blogs... and I decided to not be offended anymore. Isn't it amazing how such little things can really affect us? wow... long tangent.)

So it would kind of be a book of the month/book report sort of deal. I don't know if I really will do it, especially since I am already a member on goodreads.com and after I read a book and list it on there I rarely give my input on it... but that also has to do with how long after I have read the book. SO, that is one idea I have had.
Ellen gave me the idea of posting a picture every day. I like this idea, because it makes me use my camera more! Last year I wanted to use my camera more and actually have pictures from every month... I think I got closer to accomplishing that... but I am not sure if I really did.
I do enjoy taking pictures, trying to find the beauty (blog website, destination beautiful) and editing is a fun process too, because you can totally change the way you saw nature or yourself by changing little things like fill light or whatever.

So really what I am trying to say is that I want to blog more, take more pictures, and read more.

And today, being January 1st, I, like most of the entire planet, resolve to be healthy and go to the gym! I shall report back on A) If I even went.* B) The number of other people there. and C) how much chocolate I really had that day and if the gym even paid off.
(*disclaimer, I have to work at the gym so this applies only to me going to work out)

Also this year I want to become funnier. (I know, as if that is even possible!!)

:)

Is it working yet? ...how bout now? ...now?

ugh. Fine, I will continue on that quest.

1 comment:

Ellen Davenport said...

Te he, I's on your blog, I thank you for the mention. I hope you will blog more. I resolve to comment more!