Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Per request, I will tell you what I am listening to this week!
Sunday January 24th I had songs from the musical Xanadu stuck in my head from going to the fabulous show at the Paramount in Seattle on Saturday with my parents and sister. (Wow, that is a long sentence.)
Here is a picture of the stage


My favorite/the song most stuck in my head was "Magic"

I felt she looks best in this video, although it isn't as clear visually, and it is slightly muted. I couldn't seem to find a clip of it from the movie itself, but hey, this one isn't bad at all.
For a glimpse at what the movie is like, what this video of the song Xanadu :



Now, it is a silly movie and I have heard people say the writer/producers may have been on acid. But, the play version was hilarious, my parents love the movie, I enjoyed it when I was younger, and the play made jokes about the movie being silly, but I loved that even more!
The premise: A young artist is feeling discouraged about his work, and his most recent creation was a chalk painting of some Grecian muses. He walks away suicidal (at least in the play) and then the painting comes to life. The muse played by Olivia Newton John decides to inspire him to keep going, to realize his potential. So, in the play, the actress decides she needs a disguise, and she says something like this "I know! I will pretend I just moved here from Australia and use a terrible Australian accent, wear roller skates, and leg warmers!" So, for the rest of the play she talks in an absolute terrible Australian accent... and I loved it! Oh, and towards the end of the play she has a solo song and she is skating around and then some guy comes out with a huge fan and she stands in front of it and the wind is blowing, like we always see in movies, I just thought it was very well thought out to use jokes like that. ...anywho, if you can, go see the live production. SO FUNNY!

Monday Music
I was farming on facebook and wanted some music, so I turned on my pandora... I do not remember what playlist it was on... but My Moon My Man by Feist came on, and I loved it. I loved it so much I went straight to youtube and when I saw the music video, I loved it even more!!



I think it is a very clever music video! I love all the dancing on the moving sidewalk, and the lighting... and how it ends with her just walking away. Love. It.

1 comment:

Ellen Davenport said...

Jenni I love your taste so much, that now friend I am crazy about this song. I already had it on my computer, heard it around a few times, but its like BAM totally different and awesome-er. And I'm a little bit of a copy cat, but I keep walking around with it delightfully in my head.