Sunday, January 17, 2010

Weekend Away
Well, my dad said he was planning on going to Utah and I said, take me! I am tired of working and would like a break! (And... to be honest, I had gotten a text from a guy I had a crush on for three years at BYU-I, and he moved to Colorado after graduating and he said, hey we should meet up somewhere sometime and I said, hot dog you got it! And so secretly I was planning on dating it up like none other in Utah since I can't seem to get guys to notice me here in Washington. anyway,) So then my friend Eli said, I would like to come along and visit my friends in Utah as well!
So, on Tuesday I packed.

I packed five shirts, two sweaters, a pair of light and a pair of dark jeans, sweater boots, two scarves, a fleece jacket, a wool peacoat, enough unmentionables, knee socks, ankle socks, toiletries, a hair dryer and a curling iron. All in one bag! (my friend Eli had three bags.)

So Wednesday we set off for the long haul. (At 4:30 AM mind you.)
I had intended to get a picture crossing each state line... but I was usually asleep.

Back story to explain the picture: well, first off, this is a picture of my dad and my friend Eli towing the truck since it broke down right outside of Mountain Home.
Now, back story. A week or two ago, my blazer's transmission went out.
I have never driven my father's truck.
I rode in the back seat the whole trip, except for the stop at Mountain Home where Eli said, my turn to take a nap, you sit in the front seat and talk to your dad. (Now, when I was in the back seat it was so easy for me to fall asleep because for at least six hours straight those two boys were talking about cars, guns, mechanics, and guns, and guns, and off-roading adventures and guns and... you get the point.)
...So I sit in the front seat and guess what happens? Yeah. The transmission dies.

So... if you live near the greater Boise area and received a phone call from me... secretly I was trying to get you to come rescue us from the cold weather. I first called my dear friend Ellen, but I figured since I had texted her before then and she hadn't answered that she must be in school, so I didn't explain in the message I left that we were in need of being picked up. So then I proceeded to go through my phone alphabetically to see if I remembered who lived where. So then I called a married couple from my dance team, both were at work. So then I reach the K section and remembered I had an old roommate whose husband owns a huge truck and they live right outside of Mountain Home... so I call her and they are willing to come tow us, so while we were waiting we took some silly pictures!
We got to their house late, well it was dark out and all the shops closed so we waited til morning to fix the truck, but my dad did so then we were on our way! But man it was soooo fun to visit my old roommate and her husband! (Katie and Brandon, and their little baby and new puppy and three cats!) It made me want to just take a road trip around the country later this year, with no time limits and nothing pressing... just me driving around and visiting old friends. Oh it would be so nice!

Anyway, so Thursday we are driving from Idaho into Utah...



when (back up, we had my uncle come up Wednesday from Utah to drive us to utah incase the car didn't get fixed, but it did, so I rode with my Uncle behind my dad and Eli [probably still talking about guns and cars etc])
all of a sudden it goes from being gorgeous out into a huge fog where they disappear!



3 comments:

Summer said...

Your "friend" Eli huh? Don't tell yourself this but Tom and I were so hoping he would join the family some day. ;)

Jenni said...

lol yes, FRIEND! haha Grandma Nita said this after he left to hang out with his friends for the weekend "Oh that Eli is such a doll" hahaha And then she proceeded to call me an old spinster!

Ellen Davenport said...

OKay, I can't believe you didn't call me when you got stuck! I was just napping when you texted me. Then when I did get the message, I figured that you probably way past Boise. Next time you are stranded and "secretly" try to get someone to come rescue you, don't do it so secretly Jennidear.
However, I am really glad that you did get help. Would have liked to be your white knight...but then again I don't have a truck....or a baby, or puppy, or three cats. Sigh ...how will I ever get Jenni to come visit me ?

L-O-V-E your photos, as always!