Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tuesday in tune

I went and saw Extraordinary Measures with my mom, and it was a really good movie! I hadn't heard much about it, but it is mostly the story of how far a man will go to save his family. Very touching, based on a true story... tear jerker for me and my mom--but it is acceptable because there is a dog in the movie.
My mom and I had smuggled in some treats like the Vault Red Blitz which we had tracked down! Then I also brought in some of those new Wendy's spicy chicken nuggets with sweet and sour sauce, and finally, these super yummy chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies... mmmm!
After that we went to Fred Meyers, where I found some cute clothes on clearance for fifty percent off, then I dropped my mom off and I went to Target and moseyed around and found some more sales... turns out I love to spend money and get things.

While I was gone my mom was preparing dinner...
Warm Lentil Salad with a side of Oven Roasted Beets and Goat Cheese and Homemade Italian Dressing


I couldn't remember ever having lentils before, but man! I was wanting seconds, thirds, fourths, to eat this salad for the rest of my life!!

As for music for the day, I found myself enjoying the song by Lady Antebellum, Need You Now, but it is quite twangy and that throws me off quite a bit.
I also really liked some of the music I heard when I watched According to Greta. I can't find a soundtrack anywhere, so I don't know the songs yet... but I want to find some of them! As for the movie... it is of an angst-ridden teenager who is very brooding and making a list of things to do in life as well as a list of how to die. It is an interesting role to see the little cinderella-diner girl to be playing, but it does show that she has a range, and can make movies without her sister by her side (Material Girls)... but I wasn't too impressed with it... mostly because I thought her character was trying too hard for attention doing such negative things, and she was also so scrappy and wore such large hoop earrings and dark makeup, dark roots and grown out blonde hair dye... she made me thing too much of a girl from high school I can't stand... haha.
But the ending message is pretty good.. even though it came super quick...

Post Script: I carefully typed in to google some of the lyrics from a song from according to Greta, (which on imdb is only credited as Greta) and turned up a result! The Acid House Kings song called This and That. They are categorized as being IndiePop and that is my favorite style!! haha I am actually really digging all of their stuff!! just listening to the thirty second song bites http://www.amazon.com/Sing-Along-Acid-House-Kings/dp/B000QQVOTE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1264578203&sr=8-1
I love how typically indie groups are not about high fashion album covers, like this group posing as a late sixties early seventies kind of style! You can hear a clip of this and that from this link : http://www.amazon.com/Advantage-Acid-House-Kings/dp/B00006G9ZE/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1264578203&sr=8-13 though, it is not the same portion from the movie that made me fall in love. It is surprising to know that they made that cd in 1997, and this style has become to be a very popular style now. Also, it is not surprising to hear that they are from Sweden!

Boy oh boy has this made me excited for Wednesday's music!

No comments: